Storage and on-call accessible storage is the prime concern of the whole computing world. The traditional means of storage is not enough to meet our growing needs, so we are compelled to put our data over the Cloud.
Cloud-based storage is going to be the futuristic way of computing. It is a more relaxed, real-time accessible option for safe storage of data. The Cloud-based storage includes data storage, various kinds of networking, many servers, different applications and services. A large number of co-corporate houses and other institutions are adopting Cloud as its base storage and integrating biometric identification with it.
Before moving towards the coupling of Cloud and biometric identification, let’s briefly explain biometric identification.
Biometric identification is the method of evaluation of any individual through some unique feature like a fingerprint, retina scan, voice control, face identification and many others.it is most authenticate and secure way of recognizing anyone.
What are the Advantages of Cloud and Biometric Authentication association?
Initially, organizations were using device based biometric authentication where they used to store all the data of their employee in a database and use it during the matching or authentication.
With growing dimensions and use of biometric authentication in the different field creating a diaspora of its uses as well as the storage deficiency and real-time accessibility problem, programmers tended to move towards the Cloud-based biometric authentication.
Here are the most relevant benefits of Cloud-based biometric authentication.
• It works on the multi-dimensional model of authentication from a common source which includes fingerprint authentication, DNA printing, voice control, retina scan verification and many others. We don’t need separate data storage for different data type without any tension of storage deficiency and investment cost to develop infrastructure for data storage. Cloud and chunks of different Cloud can hold any kind of data anywhere without investing an impressive amount. It becomes more critical when it is established that an utter CPU cannot support a large amount of data which play a vital role in biometric authentication.
• Cloud-based storage and authentication facilitate us to share data very easily without the help of any external support or management team.it can interact with a different platform and can communicate accordingly without any language or compatibility glitch.
• Cloud reduces the cost of data storage in a significant manner. It almost replaces the huge hardware arrangements, application and some bulky and centralized infrastructure like AIBS (AUTOMATED BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM).
• It provides the multi-processing facility. Now many data seekers can use a single source simultaneously. It will enhance the work speed and processing power.
• Cloud-based authentication’s real-time accessibility enriches the authentication implementation by including, easy access control, smartphone accessibility, space efficiency and summing artificial intelligence with it.
• It is far better and speedy than traditional device base biometric authentication, as it erases all unnecessary and complex arrangements. There no software or hardware updating issue or version compatibility issue that can speed up the authentication process.
• Robust and powerful virtual servers in association with Cloud hosting smoothen the transfer of an enormous amount of data from one storage space to other. It completely wipes out the obstacles of ABIS deployment.
• It works more accurately as well as speedily because it scans all the samples before matching with the actual one.
• It speeds up the biometric data gathering and storage in comparison to old methods.
• The digitalization or encryption of biometric data like figure print and retina scan is so secure with Cloud storage that it cannot be stolen by any means.
These qualities make Cloud-based authentication face of future computing.
Davis Johnson is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.