Error Code 0x80073DOA can take place in various devices, but it all results in one error, Window Store malfunctioning. A cache wipe might clear the issue generally; however, that may not be the case every time. So, here are the steps to fix the 0x80073DOA error code of the Windows Store.
Removing the Windows Store Cache
If you want to remove the Windows store cache, then you can follow the provided steps.
- First of all, you have to go to the keyboard and press the Windows + R keys at once and then press Enter key.
- After that, you should enter ‘PowerShell-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted command’ and press the Enter key.
- You should execute the pursuing command: $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\\AppxManifest.xml’; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest.
Disable the Antivirus Software and Windows Firewall
If you want to disable the antivirus software, then pursue the instructions given below.
- Get started by going to the Taskbar on your system.
- Then you have to stop any running antivirus software.
- You should find the security software icon in the taskbar.
- Later, navigate to the security software and right-click on it.
- Now, choose the Disable option.
Disable the Windows Firewall
- To get started, go to the keyboard and press Windows + X keys at once.
- Then you should choose the Control Panel.
- You have to locate the Windows Firewall and select it.
- After that, click on Windows Firewall enable or disable it an option.
- You may need to input the administrator password.
- Enter the password and then hit OK.
- Later, you should disable the Windows Firewall for public and private networks both.
- Now, you should click on the OK button to store the changes and exit the programs.
Adjust the Date and Time Settings
If you want to adjust the date and time settings, then you can follow the provided steps.
- First, you have to go to the keyboard and press Windows + I keys at once.
- After the settings process is done, go to the Date and Time section.
- You should check whether the settings are correct or not.
- If they are not, then disable the Set time automatically option and make the needed changes.
Reinstall the Windows Store
If you want to reinstall the Windows Store, then pursue the instructions given below.
- First and foremost, navigate to the keyboard and press Windows + R keys at once.
- After that, you should input ‘PowerShell.’
- Then you have to go to the search results and right-click on it.
- You should enter the program as an administrator.
- After that, input ‘Get-Appxpackage-Allusers’ and press Enter key.
- You have to find the Windows Store entry and copy the name of the package.
- Later, input the pursuing command: Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode.
- You have to change PackageFullName with the name of the Windows Store package and in its place of C: Input the letter of the driver root of the system.
- You should get back to the PowerShell with administrative privileges.
- Then input the “Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode”and hit the Enter key.
- Now, you have to reboot the PC for the modification to see the results.
Maria Davis is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.