Adding names in Google Photos can save up your precious time while also helping you in adding that personalized touch.
To add a name to any face in Google Photos, press on the search bar and choose any face. Next, name it. By this you shall be able to search images of this individual in Google Photos quickly. Fortunately, the label names can be changed by you whenever you want.
Here are some steps to label names in Google Photos:
Method 1: Adding names to faces in the phone application
- Firstly, go to the Google Photos symbol.
- Then, ensure that the Face Grouping is turned on. Go through the given below instructions:
- Firstly, press on the menu.
- Then, choose ‘Settings.’
- After that, ensure that the ‘Face Grouping’ button is turned on. You can switch it off whenever you wish.
- Lastly, click on the back arrow for returning to Photos.
- Next, click into the search bar.
- After that, press on the arrow pointing right side for viewing each of the faces.
- Then, click on the face for adding a name.
- Next, press on ‘’who is this?’’
- After that, write or choose a name. Note that no one else shall be able to view this name.
- Then, press ‘Return’ on the keyboard.
- Next, press the search bar. If you observe more than a single face symbol for this individual, organize each of them by giving the same name.
- After that, press on the other image of the person’s face. You shall view the ‘Who’s This?’ bar in the upper left-hand side corner of the display.
- Then, write the same name you gave earlier.
- Next, click on the name. It will be present in the given options.
- Lastly, press on ‘Yes.’
Note that both the given faces have been given the same name, which implies whenever you write the name, photos Google associates with both face symbols shall get displayed in the search results.
You require to do this procedure again and again for the same individual.
Method 2: Deleting pictures from added names
- Firstly, go to Google Photos.
- Then, write the name in the search area.
- After that, choose the name from the given options.
- Next, tap on the menu. It will be on the upper right-hand side corner of the page.
- Then, choose ‘Remove Results.’
- After that, press on the given circle for choosing a picture for removing.
- Lastly, tap on Remove. Note that this link is given on the upper side. As soon as it is pressed, the added name shall be deleted from the picture.
Maria Davis is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.