Do you want to review your location history? Then you just need to have a look on your iOS device. And the plus point of using Google Maps is that you shall get detailed information about the place that you visited. Read on and learn how to check the location history of your iPhone or iPad.
Location history and secrecy
- Majority of us already know this fact that big and famous tech companies and applications do have a type of a location tracking feature on it. For instance, starting from Apple to Google, and so on, every company uses location information in some way or the other.
- Luckily, location tracking can be turned off whenever you want.
Look for location history of the iPhone or iPad
Go through the given below steps carefully for having a look at the location history of the iPhone or iPad.
- Firstly, go to the Settings application.
- Then, press on ‘Privacy.’
- After that, choose ‘Location Services.’
- Next, move downward on display.
- Then, press on System Services.
- After that, click on the ‘Significant Locations.’
- Note that you shall be getting the History part over here.
- If you want to remove the history, you should move downwards, then click ‘Clear History.’
- If you are among the one who wants to prevent location tracking on an iOS device, visit the above of the display and click on the switch next to ‘Significant Locations.’
- Whenever you click on a location section from the ‘History’ part, it shall display detailed information on the upcoming page. Here, you shall be able to view the map of every location.
- Then, click on one of the visits for viewing detailed information about the place you went to. It shall show you not only the exact correct time but also the means of transport with the date.
Search location history in Google maps
- Firstly, go to Settings.
- Then, press on Privacy.
- After that, click on Location Services.
- Next, click on Google Maps.
Note: You can easily turn off the Location History feature from the Google account settings if you wish.
- The Google Maps Timeline page shall be viewed on the website on the iOS and PC. Note that you shall be able to view the world map with few areas highlighted. You can move over here, and press on the area to view the given information.
- Towards the above at the left-hand side, you will be able to view the timeline interface. From this place, you shall be able to select any date for viewing the detailed information of the travel information.
Billy Mark is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.